zaterdag 9 augustus 2014

a fitting coat

                                             I was looking for a fitting coat
                                             after I had walked naked for years
                                             Yes - strangely enough - completely inconspicuous


                                             1
                                             The first coat is a quaint coat

                                             in which by multiple people ––
                                             unknown to me
                                             pioneering work has been done

                                             So it is a coat that pleases me by day
                                             but that at night stifles me

                                             A coat that is becoming when I am in a cheerful mood
                                             but that oppresses me when I run into wrathful regions

                                             feeling horned about the little
                                             my squandering ancestors left me


                                             2
                                             The second coat I find between frozen walls

                                             A coat that gives me a dreamy allure
                                             cowardly and sad – of timeless quality ––
                                             on countless occasions patched but still neat

                                             The coat tells of running boards and chestnut trees
                                             But no matter how I fumble the buttons
                                             the promise is never fulfilled


                                             3
                                             The third coat is an unspeakably ugly leather one

                                             that I pull on with the idea
                                             that I can only be the taste of others
                                             if I renounce my own taste

                                             This turns out not to be the case;
                                             all the time that I wear it
                                             no bed is spread for me


                                             4
                                             The fourth coat is tapered

                                             a shape that harmonizes perfectly
                                             with my mental state

                                             It is a multicolored coat
                                             finished with a rare needle
                                             and manufactured for an exclusive market

                                             Expenses I can claim
                                             Oncoming traffic I can evade on the straight stretches
                                             But the selection in the curve does me in

                                             Although by then it had been a while since I 
                                             in the motto The Overconfident Will Win Or Lose
                                             have replaced the word Overconfident
                                             by the word Cautious


                                             5
                                             The fifth coat is a coat with matching scarf

                                             a bit of a boring coat
                                             feigningly without frills

                                             The coat requires the walk
                                             of a person who knows that at home the bedroom is waiting
                                             which was the model for a major sexological survey;
                                             a survey representative of the species and resulting in
                                             numerous statistics that will inspire important publications

                                             in short a walk
                                             that I cannot possibly acquire as my own


                                             6
                                             The sixth coat is a grass green one

                                             that although it appears to be a cast
                                             places me in the interest of a type of human
                                             that on the one hand tries to flatter me
                                             on the other hand takes pains to shun me

                                             I zigzag between these two signals and it does not take long
                                             before my eyes take on the shine of a hunted animal
                                             not a wild animal but a tame one
                                             thus very vulnerable

                                             Nevertheless, I hold on
                                             I cling to the notion
                                             that the coat gives me a fresh look
                                             and that sooner or later the tide always turns

                                             If then at the first downpour it shows
                                             that the fabric is not colorfast
                                             I am ready to give in yet


                                             7
                                             The seventh coat has a fur collar

                                             I suspect that it is laughable
                                             maybe also a little pushy
                                             but I mean it;

                                             it has to do with a desire for freedom
                                             or call it incarnation
                                             going loud

                                             –– metal loud, and then louder still, and then ear deafening
                                             so that after it is extremely quiet
                                             extremely paradisiacal

                                             like two streams which flow into each other;
                                             all dams open
                                             if only for once

                                             for once abundance
                                             without any consideration;
                                             this is what I want and this is what I do not get

                                             The fur collar indeed rouses the laughers
                                             which makes that in the coat I cannot concentrate
                                             at least not in the way that is asked of me

                                             –– and so I am not asked
                                             I do not have to agree with this to be able to understand it
                                             And because I am able to understand it I surrender to it


                                             8
                                             The eighth coat has a double collar and double cuffs

                                             This skittish coat full of overage semen stains
                                             enables me to assimilate with the waste of degenerates;
                                             I can make contact with the living material
                                             touch it, charge myself with it

                                             The threadbare woolen fabric makes my skin sallow
                                             I am starting to look like one of the older brothers of my father;
                                             not the brother with the orchid cultivating son 
                                             who shot himself emperor during the shooting festivals, but

                                             the childless brother who after the shooting festivals
                                             collected the now useless bullets from the grass;
                                             with spoon stove and patience he melts them into liquid, after which
                                             he pours useful bullets that he sells to the clubs

                                             This however was the mid sixties
                                             at the edge of the Peel in Limburg
                                             while I have to survive the eighties war
                                             in the center of Amsterdam


                                             9
                                             The ninth coat is a slimming coat

                                             Since it separates me from all the identified
                                             (around the world)
                                             and unites me with all the unidentified
                                             (around the world)
                                             this coat brings me automatically to the violence zone

                                             I want to unmask the reasonables of the social orders
                                             let my own terms well up from the bagasse
                                             This fails;

                                             conservative in nature as I am, I am attached to my detachment;
                                             I brush the collar so shiny as to make the question
                                             Do You Feel Like Sharing It With Me?
                                             that as always glinsters in my eyes
                                             reflect in it as new

                                             But this time there is no answer,
                                             for those who were once so proud are beat;
                                             en masse they float in wide rivers
                                             as butchered animals
                                             to meet their pasts


                                             10
                                             The tenth coat is blackberry colored and has a collar like a strangle chain

                                             The coat forces me to stay in the pack
                                             to once more take a serious look at the thousand honors
                                             to fill me up till I drown

                                             I drown
                                             without calling for help
                                             in a shamefull manner

                                             It is in the newspaper;
                                             the carnivorous vandals sell their story to the hungry
                                             the trend following adventurers
                                             who every evening want to see the same battlefield photographed

                                             That is how it is in my imagination

                                             In reality

                                             I am lifted out of time;
                                             I cut up the painting
                                             visit the hair salon
                                             give the pigeons back to the wind
                                             and pick a spring blossom in the summer




© mc 1992-2014





back to 1e (content)





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten